- Our Online Store is closed due to technical issues. Hopefully all the issues will be resolved soon. Stay connected with Nutrition Village...
MSM – Green lipped mussel – Shark Cartilage capsule
- Nutritional supplement for the well-being of joints and supporting tissues
- Contains three active ingredients: MSM, green lipped mussel and shark cartilage
Manufactured by: Hankintattukku Oy, Finland
2 – 4 capsules per day. Not recommended during pregnancy, lactation or for adolescents. Not recommended for use with anticoagulants.
Presentation: (20 Capsule X 3 Blister)/Box
- 2 capsules contain:
- OptiMSM® methylsulfonylmethane 500mg
- Green lipped mussel powder 280mg
- Shark cartilage extract 220mg
- MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is a natural organosulfur compound that is a key building block in plants and animals. It contributes to tissue regeneration; its concentrations are highest especially in the joints, skin, nails and hair. Sulfur is obtained for example from the amino acids methionine and cysteine.
- MSM is easily absorbed, while sulphur in its other forms is difficult to exploit. MSM is a water-soluble substance and does not accumulate in excessive amounts in the body, but the excess is excreted with urine, breathing and sweating.
- Green lipped mussel (Perna canaliculus) is rich in essential Omega-3 fatty acids (EPA, DHA and ETA). In particular, ETA fatty acids (eicosetraenoic acid) are highly reactive and are involved in a wide variety of metabolic functions in the body. ETA fatty acids act as inhibitors of the formation of neurotransmitters from arachidonic acid.
- Shark cartilage is rich in proteins (about 40 different) that act as “lubricants” in the joints. Sharks are of interest to researchers because, despite the contamination of the habitat, sharks of all kinds have been reported very rarely any illnesses. Sharks’ strong immune system effectively protects them against bacteria, viruses, chemicals and other harmful factors.
- Shark cartilage products are not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding or for adolescents.