- Our Online Store is closed due to technical issues. Hopefully all the issues will be resolved soon. Stay connected with Nutrition Village...
MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) Powder | 300 g
This organic sulfur-containing nutrient, used for many processes in the body, is beneficial for decreasing inflammation and joint pain associated with osteoarthritis.
- Lowers muscle pain and spasms
- Relieves joint pain associated with osteoarthritis
- Restores joint mobility and range of motion
- Decreases inflammation
- Protects muscles from damage due to exercise
- Support internal antioxidants and reduces internal oxidative stress
The fifth more common element on Earth, sulfur is an essential component of all living cells. Depending on the form, this yellow mineral gives off the particular smells associated with garlic, onions and rotten eggs. Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a naturally-occuring organosulfur compound – a form that the body can utilize. This compound is an excellent way to ensure ample sulfur is available to the body for all its important functions.
The body utilizes and expends sulfur on a daily basis. It therefore must be continually replenished via food and/or supplementation for optimal nutrition and health. The body can take sulfur and make MSM naturally, but taking it in MSM form can also help to increase available sources. Here are some of the vital roles sulfur plays in the human body:
- Present in the amino acids cysteine, cystine and methionine, the B vitamins biotin and thiamine
- Present in the powerful antioxidant glutathione
- Present in the protein keratin, required for healthy skin, hair and nails
- Required for collagen production, for the strength and structure of all connective tissues
- Used in insulin production and blood sugar balancing
- Crosses the blood/brain barrier, allowing nutrients into the brain
MSM originates in the oceans where microscopic plankton release sulfur compounds into seawater, which is quickly converted into dimethyl sulfide or DMS. This sulfur compound escapes into the atmosphere where it reacts with ozone and ultraviolet sunlight to create a product known as MSM. When it rains, the MSM falls to the earth, where it is collected and concentrated in plants. MSM can also be produced in a lab, where it is sometimes combined with other supplements such as glucosamine or chondroitin.
RECOMMENDED DOSE — (ORAL) ADULTS ONLY:
Take ½ teaspoon (1750 mg) 3 times per day with meals. Avoid taking at bedtime.
DURATION OF USE:
Use for a minimum of 4 weeks to see beneficial effects.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms worsen. Mild gastrointestinal bloating, constipation or indigestion may occur.
There are no reviews yet.
You must be logged in to post a review.